1. No one ever gets fired no matter how poorly they do their job.
2. No one tries. This past week I have been correcting two years worth of errors.
3. My first week on the job, half of my department informed me they are actively looking for jobs elsewhere.
4. Some of my co-workers are thieves and violent offenders (In HR having access to everything can be kinda horrifying).
5. My salary is $20K below market. In fact, the higher the salary the more inept the employee - work riddled with errors and lack of basic knowledge (ie math or weeks in a year).
6. And yet the benefits are amazing
7. This could be a lifer job.
Eyes are wide open now. I am still happy and grateful to have a job and enjoy the kind of work. But I think to survive I'll need to stop caring and being surprised with each example of idiocy I encounter. The two years of errors I corrected this week found over $80K for the company. And I'm sure my supervisor does not care. I don't even think he knows my name.